Under minimal supervision, the HR Coordinator will lead the administrative responsibilities for the eESI HR Department. The role plays a vital part in the administration of HR services and support to clients, client employees and HR Business Partners (HRBP).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first level responses and consultation for day-to-day employee relations questions and concerns.
- Serve as secondary back-up for Receptionist in routing incoming phone calls.
- Reply to employment verification notices.
- Manage client FMLA and LOA administration including determining eligibility, designation notices, tracking leave and coordination with client employee, client and other departments as necessary.
- Responsible for managing the eESI background screening and drug screening services for clients including demos, account set-up, processing requests, invoice reconciliation and additional support as needed.
- Responsible for managing Department of Transportation regulated pools for clients.
- Assist HRBP with client recruiting needs including creating job descriptions, job postings, applicant screening, interview scheduling and case creation for client invoicing.
- Assist HRBP with developing client training on various HR topics. Ensure work product is error-free and conforms to visual presentation standards including data checking, proofreading, formatting and eESI branding guidelines.
- Set up new companies and users in the BLR Learning Management System (LMS).
- Assist HRBP with new client implementation including case creation, huddle call scheduling, providing the new client with required templates and instructions for implementation and coordinating delivery of labor law posters.
- Collaborates with internal partners involved in providing services to identify and resolve issues and ensure that these services meet client expectations.
- Troubleshoot and assist employees with new hire onboarding, making changes in the system, W-2 printing and other Employee Portal questions.
- Issue EPLI Certificates of Insurance as requested.
- Create various audit reports for quality checks each quarter.
- Assist with unemployment claims management as needed.
- Manage client handbook rollout via DocuSign as needed.
- Assists HRBPs with various research projects, running system reports and/or special projects.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality for dealing with issues of a sensitive nature.
- Keep fresh on HR best practices and employment law by continuous self-development.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required (read, write, and speak).
Education and Work Experience Requirements
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree is preferred
- At least two years administrative or human resources experience.
Physical and Other Requirements:
This position will require 8 hour days, flexible hours and overtime on occasion. Some travel is required and overnight stay on rare occasions. Travel may be necessary when HR Business Partners need assistance with onboarding and/or enrollment meetings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. eESI reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
eESI is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a privately held company operating nationwide with our corporate headquarters in San Antonio, TX. We have been in business for 20 years and are looking for a new member to join our talented team. Share your expertise, skills and commitment to excellence with us, and be a part of our growing team!
Click Here for additional information about this position, the job requirements, a job snapshot and to APPLY!