COMMERCIAL AUTO INSURES AGAINST:
- Insurance that reimburses the owner or occupant for damage or loss of use to your vehicle.
- Could reimburse you for the theft of a vehicle.
- Insures against the property damage or bodily injury of others caused by an accident.
- Helps Maintain Financial Requirements By Law
- Insurance provides limits that help you meet the financial requirements of the state to operate a vehicle.
- Medical Payments of Occupants
- Could provide medical reimbursement to occupants of a covered vehicle for an accident.
“Sometimes it can be the weather, human error, or a combination of both, but either way, with the proper insurance, you can protect against uncontrolled depreciation of your assets”.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT COMMERCIAL AUTO:
- Do I need a Commercial Auto Policy if I use a personal vehicle for work?
- In most cases, a Personal Auto Policy (PAP) excludes coverage for a personally owned van or truck is used for a personally owned business. If you happen to use your van or truck for a business you own, you may not have coverage under your (PAP) and should purchase Commercial Auto Insurance.
- If my vehicle is paid off, do I still need insurance?
- Yes, to meet the compulsory financial responsibility laws of Texas, you need to have certain limits of third-party liability insurance. Still, you are not required to purchase first-party physical damage coverage.
- If I am at fault in a car accident, will insurance pay for the damage to my vehicle?
- Yes, but only if you have purchased first-party physical damage coverage, which could reimburse you for the damage of your vehicle even if you are at fault for causing a car wreck.